Date PostedDecember 15, 2022
Expiration dateJanuary 13, 2023
SEED Design Consultants Pte Ltd
Position: Architect (Business Developer)
SEED is looking for an Architect/Business Developer to be stationed in Bangkok, Thailand, to assist us in exploring new opportunities and expand our network. We are looking for a proactive and passionate individual who understands the architecture and construction industry in the country.
SEED is an international design practice based in Singapore. We work on a wide range of projects spanning from interiors to architecture and planning. Sustainability is at the core of our work, inspiring our passion to envision, design and develop unique projects of exceptional quality.
Service. We believe that our passion for architecture and design is only meaningful insofar as it is creating value for our clients, empowering our partners and collaborators, improving the built environment for the collectivity. We take pride in our boutique studio setting to deliver high quality projects with close attention to our partners’ and clients’ needs.
Leadership. We embrace our role as initiators and leaders of the design process, setting the goal and guiding several actors while mediating between different instances. We celebrate collaborative work and synergy as we believe we can only achieve excellence through teamwork.
Identity. We strive to translate our private and public client’s vision into the character of the project, adopting a tailored made approach to each job, respecting its specificity. We apply a rigorous and systematic methodology, complemented by non-linear creative processes, with the aid of both analogical and digital tools.
You will be responsible for the business development of SEED in Thailand, exploring new opportunities and expanding our presence in the country. You will be directly reporting to the company Partners and you will be playing a pivotal role in the company growth. We are looking for an individual who is proactive and independent, willing to be part of a young and dynamic team and ready to undertake responsibilities with great potential of personal growth. Knowledge of the architectural industry and business development experience in the country are fundamental. Salary and benefits will be based on experience. We offer flexible working arrangement to our collaborators, customized to their life needs and aspirations.
Your key duties and responsibilities will include:
- Assist to identify opportunities to promote our company and connect with potential client and partners
- Prepare and update pitch material, client’s presentations, responses to RFPs, concept design proposals
- Update, organize and maintain company’s marketing material such as capability profile, brochures, website, social media presence, track record
- Conduct market research and produce market intelligence reports, including industry trends, future projects, understanding of the evolving architecture and construction business
- Conduct research and provide regular updates on legal environment on design and construction industry
- Plan and schedule meetings with potential clients and key contacts
- Monitor and propose bidding/pitching opportunities from private and public sector through government portals and publications
- Identify suitable awards and competitions
- Maintain a library of projects by category and size to better organize pitches to specific clients and projects
- Join in local trade/industry organizations (e.g. chamber of commerce) and participate in networking events and sessions representing our company
- Reach out to new/potential clients via emails, phone calls, networking events, social media
Qualifications & Skills
- Min 7 years of working experience in Thailand
- Outstanding communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Able to take initiative and work independently with minimal guidance from Directors
- Strong organizational skills and work ethic, goal oriented
- Existing network in the architecture, building and real estate industry is a strong advantage
- A degree in Architecture
- Educational or professional background in Business Administration or related field is a plus
- Verbal and written proficiency in English and Thai language
- Professional proficiency of Microsoft Office, Adobe Suite
If your profile does not fully meet the above qualifications but you feel you have the right set of skills and motivation to be part of a team devoted in achieving excellence in architecture and the built environment, please submit your application and we will consider you for the role.
Please submit the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org (Max 10MB)
- Cover letter including your expected salary and your availability
- Copy of educational certificates
- Two character reference letters
- Portfolio of works (if any)