Date PostedApril 13, 2023
Expiration dateMay 10, 2023
We are dentsu. We team together to help brands predict and plan for disruptive future opportunities and create new paths to growth in the sustainable economy. We know people better than anyone else and we use those insights to connect brand, content, commerce and experience, underpinned by modern creativity. We are the network designed for what’s next.
The Art Director is responsible for creating compelling visual content from inception through production. The AD must work closely with the Copywriter from the onset of a project through deployment to assure that the creative output aligns with the strategy.
This position is able to translate client and user needs into designs that are innovative and develop creative solutions for a wide range of clients. Art Director may also collaborate with various disciplines in Strategy, and Account Executive teams to seek additional guidance.
Their aptitude and motivation for realizing concepts and big ideas are matched only by their enthusiasm and dedication to producing the highest caliber of creative product. They lead the immediate design team members and creative work with focus, commitment, and an ever-increasing knowledge of all things design and art.
- Participate in the brainstorming and creation of concepts for best-in-class ideas.
- Contribute to the creative concepts by providing innovative ideas that can be executed but which push the boundaries of what is possible.
- The ability to quickly grasp the fundamentals of a brief and to generate worthy ideas.
- Client facing in the presentation of campaign brief.
- Work with internal teams to create award-winning designs.
- Support the production team to enable them to realize creative ideas efficiently and practically.
- Exhibit excellent design, art direction, visualization skills, and Presentation skills.
- Executes creative concepts together with copy partner at the direction of the creative director
- Identifies creative thinking toward big ideas
- Presents big ideas to clients using a variety of techniques
- Visualises concepts and interprets them into design
- Takes ownership of creative work and leads the design team by example
- Ensures the brand tone and position is exemplified within the creative product
- Provides insightful, creative executions which positively impact a client’s business
- Leads, motivates, and develops the design team
- Acts as the main point of contact in the team for Account Management and Project Management
- Bachelor’s degree in arts and design or a diploma from a higher education institution specializing in arts and design
- Must have 3-5 years of experience in advertising.
- Experience in Art Director
- Expert knowledge of software packages including Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign or Flash.
Tools And Equipment Used (Professional Skills)
- Computer literacy in MS Office; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Spectra, Aura (Timesheet)
- Adobe Photoshop
- InDesign or Flash
Job Competency or specifications
- Client Service
- Content Strategy
- Creative Strategy
- Creative Technologies & Trends
- Creative Thinking
- Design Thinking
- Experience Design
- Negotiation & Influence
- Problem Solving
- Teamwork & Cooperation
- User Experience