Date PostedJanuary 6, 2023
Expiration dateFebruary 4, 2023
As a world market leader in crop protection, we help farmers to counter these threats and ensure enough safe, nutritious, affordable food for all – while minimizing the use of land and other agricultural inputs. Syngenta Crop Protection keeps plants safe from planting to harvesting. From the moment a seed is planted through to harvest, crops need to be protected from weeds, insects and diseases as well as droughts and floods, heat and cold. Syngenta Crop Protection is headquartered in Switzerland.Job DescriptionRole : Communications Manager, ThailandRole purposeTo support the strategic direction and achievement of business objectives of Syngenta in Thailand, enhancing freedom to operate through building and maintaining Syngenta’s reputation externally.The person in this role will be part of the Business Sustainability team and will report to the Head of Business Sustainability Thailand.
- Ensure implementation of corporate communication strategy and adaptation to promote and increase understanding of corporate programs such as “Sustainability” & “Climate Change” across all media and communication platforms.
- Develop and implement communication activity and action plan to support the business and ensure consistent engagement with key stakeholders and management of the business reputation within Thailand.
- Work with cross functional team to support and drive priorities and business vision, culture, values by ensuring disciplined and consistent communication internally and externally.
- Plans and executes the company’s external and internal communication strategy to ensure that Syngenta vision, purpose and objectives are translated and understood throughout the organization through effective and creative internal communications program in Thailand
- Develop proactive and reactive media management strategies to be applied consistently across the business, to promote Syngenta Thailand corporate brand, sustainability initiatives, and support FTO objectives.
- Build, manage and maintain strong relationship with media
- Prepare media releases as required on key business issues as required including speeches.
- Plan, organize and manage corporate events
- Liaise with all internal and external parties
- Responsible for content strategy and create content that support Syngenta’s strategy and leadership position in relevant topics for external and internal
- Create internal and external communications, including create and design corporate contents/stories to be communicated to both external and internal
- Develop and maintain new content for corporate activities on corporate website and all social media landscape
- Develop PR materials to be used to be used for publication and corporate communication
- Plays a key role in the crisis communications management
- Working with APAC Business Sustainability and Communications on implementation of key regional and external communications projects.
QualificationsCritical success factors & key challenges
- Ability to understand the external social and political environment, how that impacts the company and how Syngenta can play a positive role in the Thailand food and agriculture sector.
- Ability to network and navigate the internal stakeholder matrix organization of Syngenta, and to interact confidently with senior internal stakeholders.
- Ability to build relationships with external stakeholders, negotiate and promote Syngenta’s objectives in industry fora.
- Ability to organize time efficiently, manage multiple projects and prioritize tasks, and articulate your objectives and priorities within the business.
RequiredKnowledge, experience & capabilities
- At least 5 years’ experience working in multinational organization or consultancy, dealing with senior internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong written and oral communications, public relations, press release, presentation, events and project management.
- Understanding of media environment, local Government, political parties, NGOs and other civil society players and agendas.
- Deep knowledge of communication fields such as government relations, media relations, stakeholder engagement and internal communications.
- Work effectively in fast paces, deadline driven environments both as a team member and individually with minimum supervision.
- Ability to influence, negotiate with, and persuade others. Must be flexible and demonstrate strong judgment/decision-making skills.
- Ability to understand complex issues, summarize them and communicate them in simple, effective ways for internal and external customers.
- Ability to work within international teams across different geographies.
- Excellent in English skills for both Written and Spoken skills
- Maintain highest personal levels of ethical conduct, confidentiality and integrity.
- An advanced degree in a relevant discipline such as public policy, economics, law or international relations.
- Knowledge of food and agriculture, health, trade or environment policy issues.
- Existing network of Media/ Government/ regulatory/ academic stakeholders in the Ministers of Agriculture, Environment and/or Health.