Date PostedOctober 30, 2023
Expiration dateNovember 24, 2023
We are looking for a content strategist to be part of a dynamic onsite content team. The person must be confident in all things content and passionate about the world of FMCG especially Beauty Personal Care brands like Pond’s, Clear, Dove and Lux brands to join our onsite agency team (U-Studio) at Unilever Thailand office.
You are someone who lives and breathes digital and has your finger on the pulse of the latest and emerging behaviors around social, e-commerce and content and which brands are leading the way in the FMCG space.
This is a key role within our onsite (U-Studio) team and will provide consumer and market insight, inspiration and strategic direction for some of the region and world’s leading Brands under the Beauty Personal Care category.
The Content Strategist will work closely with the content team leader and lead creators. This is a client facing role, where you will be expected to be comfortable working closely with client brand team, central marketing teams and client agency partners.
This is an exciting opportunity for a truly curious and entrepreneur thinker to be part of a rewarding partnership between Oliver and Unilever who have established a truly global footprint of U-Studios.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING (Role Responsibilities):
Content Strategy – Develop insights and strategic response to briefs – Campaigns, Interruptive or Needs Based Content and New Product Development
- Champion and drive a ‘mobile first’ and short-form content agenda in line with Unilever Best Practice
- Help evaluate ideas and concepts against Unilever best practice, strategy frameworks and mobile first
- Help establish effective ‘ways of working’ with U-Studio, Unilever internal teams and specialist partners
- Act as a content expert and advocate within U-Studio, working with colleagues and clients a subject matter expert
- Advise clients and colleagues on approaches to effective Content Strategies that inform content briefs and requirements
- Assess, develop and implement effective content strategies to meet client briefs across all necessary touchpoints
- Manage and facilitate stakeholder engagement sessions and workshops on all aspects of content collaborating directly with client teams and specialist partners (including Search, Social, Media, CRM, Ecommerce, Content and Data)
- Be a facilitator for ‘right first time content’ ensuring that we have the right insights and collaborations to direct content development
- A driver of scalable content effectiveness leveraging learnings gained by Unilever ‘Insight’ teams (CMI – PDC) and specialist partners.
- Work with Unilever’s internal insight functions (CMI – PDC) to develop relevant measurement approaches and frameworks to ensure effectiveness is appropriately defined and tracked.
The Content Strategist is a core function of U-Studio for the development of best in class content and multi-channel activity
- Responsible for the development of ‘best in class’ content and strategies informed by consumer, category, channel and performance insights supplied by Unilever internal Insight teams and relevant special partners
- Owner of Best Practice Case Studies which showcase Unilever’s Global approach to content
Tools and Reports:
- Where relevant and necessary to gain an initial understanding of consumer, category or channel learning to inform early thinking. This will be done through access to a combination of Unilever Insight tools and reports under the guidance of Unilever Insight teams
The Content Strategist will help develop briefs and give agency briefings collaborating with Unilever central, brand, Insight media and agency partner teams
- Audience targeting o User Experience o Customer Journey o Content Strategy o Editorial Calendars Content Calendars o Content Guidelines o Distribution Strategy
- The Content Strategist will work together with brand teams to help craft the right brief for the defined job to be done; including one-to-one meetings and larger working sessions, as well as check-in sessions with brand teams
The Content Strategist will drive a ‘Best Practice’ approach to content and overall strategic quality assurance of content created within the U-Studio. This will be in line with Unilever global guidance, global platforms and partners
- The Content Strategist will work with Unilever Insight team and specialist partners to support a ‘test and learn’ approach to content strategy, ensuring ‘effectiveness’ is a key tenant baked into all content marketing activity through the clear definition of KPI’s and metrics aligned with the projects measurement approach
Ways of Working:
The Content Strategist to work within the Unilever collaboration models to ensure effective and efficient working with all relevant Unilever teams and partners
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO BE GREAT IN THIS ROLE (Required Exp, Soft & hard skills)
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in a Strategy role with Content Strategy a core function
- Strong understanding of Content Marketing (Social, Mobile, Search, Display, Dotcom, Ecom, Digital OHH)
- Strong understanding of Content: Formats, Performance, Testing, Optimisation and Search (SEM-SEO)
- Strong understanding of Content Publishing and Distribution methods and technologies
- Ability to understand and interpretative multi-channel insight reports
- Be able to present and justify work based on robust ‘insights’
- Passionate about all things related to Content, with a keen interest in keeping up to date with trends and technological advances
- Proven experience of working in a multi-stakeholder environment
- A self-starter, able to work in fast paced environment as within a collaborative and agile team structure
- Excellent verbal communication and presentation skills
- Previous experience of FMCG in particular (Personal Care / Skincare)
- Confidence and comfortable working in a fast-paced, changing client environment
- Desire to learn and continuously improve
- Able to develop and maintain strong and effective professional relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders
- Collaborative team player, open minded – non political.
- Proven ability to effectively lead creative teams.
- Proven ability to communicate and liaise with all levels in the business.
- Discrete about all confidential and personal information.
- Driven, proactive, helpful, and enthusiastic team player.
- In essence we’re looking for someone with the spark of creativity that makes a good analyst excellent.