Date PostedJanuary 20, 2023
Expiration dateFebruary 19, 2023
Iyuno is the media and entertainment industry’s leading localization service provider. As a trusted global partner to the world’s most recognized entertainment studios, streaming platforms and creators, it offers end-to-end localization services – from dubbing, subtitling and access services to media management, transformation and distribution services – in over 100 languages for every type of content distribution platform. With deep roots in the industry dating back to 1965, the company is unmatched in operational expertise, scale, capacity and breadth of services. Leveraging the best in breed creative and technical talent, state of the art facilities and next generation technologies, the company now boasts the largest global footprint with 67 offices in 34 countries. The company’s scale and customer-centric approach is focused on its mission of connecting content, connecting people.
Bangkok Creative Lead is responsible for the creative process and operational execution of all Dubbing projects. The position requires a high degree of responsibility, leadership, decision-making ability and understand the Localization dubbing workflow and dubbing process very well.
The Creative Lead is also responsible for collaboration all dubbing creative aspect between local dubbing producer, dubbing directors, voice talents, dubbing translator/script QCers, dubbing project coordinators, and sound engineers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review provided materials/contents – usually review the Original Version (OV) at least 1-2 times to understand the overview storyline and characters. Needs to fully understand characters descriptions (motives, emotions, personality, etc.)
- Review and understand Creative Documents of each particular project, which including Creative Guideline/ Creative Note / Dubbing show guide / Dubbing Bible and Localization Notes, etc.
- Discuss and coordinate with Local Dubbing Producer and Dubbing Coordinator for high tier projects which require main characters casting/library voice sample requested by client.
- Review, evaluate and feedback the dubbing director choosing some main characters casting selection. Evaluate dubbed casting clips and/or voice sample files in 3 main important creative aspects :
– Voiceprint properly match (voice age, voice texture, voice accent etc.)
– Acting/performance/ delivery match
– Energy level, pacing, dynamic emotions and volume control
- Creatively adapt local culture/local perspective, if any, into dub. Advise on how to treat things like : foreign language, adaptation notes, casting, vocals, etc. to match client creative requirement. Be able to properly communicate and articulate creative decisions to dubbing studio/ dubbing director and creative manager / client.
- Attend Studio recording sessions to make sure the voice talent and dubbing director understand the character well, make sure the talent is delivering a good performance.
- Controlling dubbing quality by reviewing dubbed dialogue premixed file (LQC/CQC : Linguistics/ Creative QC), also review and check VQC (Screener Mixed file), if any, for some required projects.
- Check for any missing dubbed dialogue and no any dialogue editing/premixing error
- Make sure lip-sync match
- Make sure dubbed dialogue is clear and correct pronunciation
- Checking the character performances for energy, emotion and delivery issues
- Provide direction and oversight while implementing creative processes that aligns with the client’s strategy and requirement.
- Participate in the onboarding of new voice talent and new dubbing director resources, training and providing resource’s feedback, if any. Also support the Local dubbing team to build up/expand a network of dubbing freelancer pools (voice talents, dubbing directors, dubbing translator).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mass Communication, Journalism, Film, Advertising, or any related fields.
- Must have at least 3-5 years of work experience in a related field or industry. Previous dubbing knowledge/experience preferred
- Fluent in English both in written and spoken
- Must have experience in dubbing industry
- High attention to details
- Able to work under pressure and minimal supervision
- Outstanding communication and team-building skills
- Demonstrated ability to problem-solve, exercising diplomacy and sound judgment
- Must have experience handling creative production and performance
- Good mentor and coach to inspire positive work output
- Studio and technical knowledge are not required but preferred.
Location Bangkok Ratchada
121/96-97 RS Tower 35th floor, Ratchadaphisek Road Bangkok, Din Dang, 10400, TH