Date PostedDecember 4, 2022
Sony Music Entertainment
At Sony Music Entertainment, we fuel the creative journey. We’ve played a pioneering role in music history, from the first-ever music label to the invention of the flat disc record. We’ve nurtured some of music’s most iconic artists and produced some of the most influential recordings of all time.
Today, we work in more than 60 countries, supporting a diverse roster of international superstars, developing and independent artists, and visionary creators. From our position at the intersection of music, entertainment, and technology, we bring imagination and expertise to the newest products and platforms, embrace new business models, employ breakthrough tools, and provide powerful insights that help our artists push creative boundaries and reach new audiences. In everything we do, we’re committed to artistic integrity, transparency, and entrepreneurship.
Sony Music Entertainment is a member of the Sony family of global companies.
What you’ll do:
Be part of the conversation and keep it going
• Stay current on events and trends and understand the topics that are popular at any given time to create assets that are culturally relevant.
• Respond quickly when a topic is gaining popularity, and create content that is memorable, actionable, and shareable.
• Understand audience preferences (what matters to fans, how they consume music and how they want to engage with the artist) and incorporate them into the creative process.
• Proactively create opportunities for the artist to interact with their fans through a variety of platforms and present them to Digital Marketing.
Translate the artist’s vision into branding outputs
• Create compelling outputs to deliver the artist’s profile and persona across different types of media, including social media and streaming platforms.
• Lead the production of creative assets and the roll out of the social media strategy for SME Thailand artists.
• Ensure their team and the external network of third parties understand and create assets that fit the artist’s profile.
• Facilitate the creative development and oversee the production of creative pieces, including print, video, digital, mobile, and social media executions and campaign / release collateral.
• Ensure the creative work is delivered on time, to the required level of quality, and within the estimated budget agreed with the repertoire centre teams.
• Encourage a high level of creativity among their team ensuring work is smart, impactful, varied, imaginative and audience-centred.
Build a creative network to enhance SMEs capabilities
• Allocate agencies and negotiate with external suppliers to support with the creative process across multiple projects (when required).
• Work with the insights, data, and analytics team to leverage audience data to inform creative design.
Who you are:
• 5+ years’ experience managing creative and campaigns from ideation to execution in the music / fashion / film or similar creative industries
• Thorough understanding of how the various technologies that drive music consumption work and how to use them to create content and drive audience / fan engagement
• Ability to plan and organize internal and external resources to deliver the agreed outcomes for a variety of projects within the agreed quality timeframe and budget
• Responds and adapts quickly to changes, maintaining a flexible attitude and using the new conditions to evolve their thinking
• Ability to generate new and useful ideas and to execute them through a variety of media and digital and non-digital platforms
• Ability to articulate an idea or point of view verbally or in writing succinctly, with clarity and confidence, adapting the message to different audiences
• Have a “can-do” attitude and sees obstacles as opportunities to find alternative ways to do things and grow, demonstrating resourcefulness and flexibility
• Fluent in English
• Have a thorough understanding of lifestyle and cultural trends.
As an active part of a culturally and socially diverse society, Sony Music’s aim is that our workforce is diverse and inclusive. Sony Music is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
We employ, retain, promote and otherwise treat all employees and job applicants according to their merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We apply this policy without regard to any individual’s sex, race, religion, origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition or disability.