Date PostedNovember 24, 2022
Expiration dateDecember 24, 2022
At Aman we are on a mission to create the world’s ultimate luxury lifestyle brand; hotels, resorts, experiences and products which transform our guests’ perspectives and daily lives. To achieve our ambitions, we capitalise on our unique combination of world-class and diverse talent, unmatched design, and access to locations, cultures and experiences few are privy to. We live by the ‘Aman way of life’ – a mindset shared by our guests and employees which creates a lifelong sense of belonging driven by our values of:
Invest in individuality – fostering an environment where each person can push boundaries, take risks and challenge norms.
Nurture pathfinder spirit – exploring experiences, opportunities and locations which transform into new exciting ventures.
Act like owners – taking the charge, leading by example and an immense sense of pride in their work.
Celebrate communities – ensuring that every member of our community is looked after and nurtured in a compassionate, respectful and collaborative manner.
This position is located at our corporate office in Bangkok, Thailand.
The Design Manager reports into the Director of Design & Technical Services. The position coordinates the design development process on an established schedule within an approved budget. He / She supports the implementation of Aman’s standards and brand objectives through a focus on superior design strategies and solutions.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships & communication with Project Consultants and Aman Corporate teams in a collaborative, team-focused manner that adds value to projects
- Assist in the early formulation and feasibility stages of a project
- Provide Technical Services direction, attend project coordination workshops, ensure adherence to brand standards, and oversee/assist design and engineering consultant teams to develop the approved project design through to the working drawings
- Review design consultant submitted drawings and specifications
- Develop and track project schedules
- Identify, work to resolve and communicate project-related issues and resolutions
- Assist with Initial Project Reviews (IPR’s) and prepare Project Progress Reports (PPR’s)
- Conduct site visits and prepare visit reports
- Accurately communicate projects status. Update the Director of Design & Technical Services on a regular basis and provide projections for all design aspects and program delivery
- Assist with ongoing development of corporate brand standards and process frameworks
- University degree in Architecture or Interior Design
- Minimum 5+ years professional experience
- Experience with coordinating consultants (Civil, MEP, Landscape, ID, etc.) on large-scale developments
- Familiarity with all aspects of luxury hotel and resorts project delivery. Technical Services background with luxury hotel operator preferred
- Fluent in written and spoken English (additional languages desirable)
- Strong work ethic and cultural sensitivity
- Ability to collaborate effectively with multi-national professional teams across multiple projects running concurrently
- Excellent communicator able to work effectively under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Willing to travel
You are required to complete an assessment below