Date PostedFebruary 22, 2023
Expiration dateMarch 22, 2023
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 6,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.We believe in making it easier for everyone to experience the world.Rocket Travel by Agoda (RTA) is looking for a customer-obsessed Design Systems Lead to join our growing international design team. You’ll be a key member in supporting our B2B white-label products and helping us integrate a best-in-class design system for these products.In this role, you will lead our UI design practice, activities, processes, and tooling for the RTA design team, as well as mentor designers on best practices. You’ll be branching our Agoda Design System to scale and best support white-label products of RTA and Agoda. You should have seasoned experience maintaining, building, and improving design systems, and driving design systems strategy. Furthermore, you understand the product life-cycle, how they’re built, and you see design systems as a product. You possess a world-class eye for visual, UI, interaction design and animation.This role reports locally to Design Operations (parallel to design systems) at Agoda (in Bangkok), and also to the Head of Design for Rocket Travel by Agoda (based in the US). You’ll have support from RTA design and product team members based in Bangkok, as well as support from the Agoda design team. Most of the RTA design team is based in the US; however, you will be considered a core RTA design team member.
Rocket Travel by Agoda is where you:
- Work with a group of intrinsically motivated people with a track record for building successful new businesses from scratch.
- Embody curiosity, community, and accountability. We live and build products by these values every day.
- Own decisions and take action that can be implemented in a matter of days (or hours).
- Get inspired and encouraged to vacation faster, with an annual vacation stipend.
- Can have a flexible work schedule. You’ll be a part of a global design team, with some team members based in Bangkok and some in Chicago. We encourage a flexible schedule that works for you. Most of your working hours will occur within local Bangkok working hours. We’ll limit your need to be on evening calls to a few times a month.
- Share your passion for travel with equally adventurous teammates.
- Work within the largest online travel company in the world. Rocket Travel by Agoda creates B2B and B2B2C travel products and is part of Booking Holdings ( BKNG ). We have many worldwide partners and a diversified business. Despite the world’s current situation, Booking Holdings has been rated the healthiest company in travel, and RTA itself is already seeing travel demand surpass pre-pandemic levels.
As a Design Systems Lead at Rocket Travel by Agoda, you will:
- Establish design system best practices with RTA that scale for our unique white-label products. You’ll be driving and establishing best practices for RTA products. You should know and have tried and true experience with UI design tools and processes.
- Lead component creation, theming, and branch management for RTA design systems needs. Partnering with the Agoda design systems team (ADS), you’ll play a key role in building, defining strategy, and onboarding our RTA designers, developers, and product managers.
- Craft beautiful, modern, and elegant visual & interaction designs. You’ll use your UI expertise and attention to detail to ship digital products that excite our partners and our shared loyal customers.
- Collaborate with product & engineering colleagues. You’ll drive collaboration between design, design systems, engineers, and product managers across different businesses and locations. You find ways to keep everyone up-to-speed and aligned to drive consistency and great products.
- Excel at communication and a team player. You are proactive about getting answers and closing the loop on outstanding questions, in addition to having the intellect and empathy to work with colleagues across different disciplines and international cultures and time zones.
We pride ourselves on our culture and consider RTA one of the most thoughtful and supportive companies in tech. We hire folks who know their crafts well, but are also kind people who play well with others. We hope this sounds like what you’re looking for.
About you: We realize applying for jobs can feel daunting at times. Even if you don’t check all the boxes in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway.
- Deep domain knowledge and experience of all things design systems. We’re looking for someone who can define and build white-label strategy, understands the complexity of design as a system, and helps define design principles and best practices for RTA.
- You’re familiar with the Human-Centered Design process and accessibility guidelines. You know how to keep your partners at the front and center of each project while balancing the needs of the business and technology.
- You seek feedback. You have a growth mindset, are comfortable soliciting feedback, and are curious to learn from a spectrum of perspectives.
- You balance exploration with execution. Exploration and execution are both key to building innovative experiences. You understand when it’s time to explore and when it’s time to deliver.
About Rocket Travel By Agoda
We make travel more rewarding than anyone else
Rocket Travel by Agoda awards customers for booking travel through our products, allowing people to earn or use loyalty benefits from their favorite loyalty programs.
🙌 Please leave MODCO in your heart by adding #MODCOjobs to your application. Thank for being a part of us.
✉️ If this listing is inappropriate You can inform us at social@mod—co.com