Date PostedFebruary 23, 2023
Expiration dateMarch 22, 2023
Tiffany & Co.
The CAD Developer supports and facilitates all aspects related to Internal Manufacturingprojects to meet design and manufacturing objectives and timeline commitments. Responsibilities include creation of manufacturing models; technical artwork; creation and maintenance of design specifications and templates; identification and implementation of design technologies. The CAD Developer works closely with the Design Development, New Product Integration Project Lead and Jewelry Design and Innovation teams to provide CAD models that result in the highest quality finished good product at best manufacturing yield and cost.
- Work safely at all times by consistently following safe work procedures for your position, as well as all safety procedures required at your worksite. Promptly report all incidents to your supervisor/manager. Adhere to all safety requirements.
- Create drawings for components by translating designs into 3D models and/or all components to meet critical requirements for use in Jewelry manufacturing.
- Work closely with Design Development and Internal Manufacturing counterparts to create and develop CAD Models.
- Develop CAD designs for new product models using Rhinoceros, Matrix, and/or Solidworks CAD software.
- Create 2-D and 3D shared design spec and templates as needed.
- Review designs and aesthetics with key counterparts in manufacturing to ensure CAD models meet manufacturability standards .
- Coordinate CAD drawings for sample fabrication to support new product development initiatives.
- Champion best practices in process improvement for manufacturing ability.
- Prepare work in compliance with IM and manufacturing standards and timelines
- Maintain CAD archives using revision control software (i.e. Adept/Box) to support ECN process/workflows
- Support day to day management of Rapid Prototype lab
- Work with department leadership and SMEs to research, develop and implement new technology as needed
- Bachelor Degree in related design field ; combination of experience
- Portfolio/Link to website depicting relevant Design/Sketches/Rendering
- Relevant knowledge of Jewelry Manufacturing, CAD Design Tolerances, Craft, Craft Manufacturing processes is required
- Expert in Rhino software, Jewelry Design
- Proficiency in Photorealistic rendering software
- Proficiency in the use of solid modeling software
- Proficiency in the Adobe Suite ; Photoshop, illustrator, InDesign
- General working knowledge of day to day computer software including Microsoft Packages
- Ability to work independently, good communication skills (written and oral)
- Must be able to interpret scientific and technical documents
- Innovative thinking, always keeping up to date with technology
- Good interpersonal skills and team player