Date PostedJune 13, 2023
Expiration dateJuly 7, 2023
Soneva is a world leading, award-winning sustainable luxury resort operator that owns and manages Soneva Fushi and Soneva Jani in the Maldives, Soneva Kiri in Thailand and Soneva in Aqua, an ultra-luxurious yacht that sails from Soneva Fushi.
A pioneering family of hospitality properties and products, offering holistic encounters in luxurious and inspiring environments and outstanding natural locations, Soneva combines luxury with a conscientious approach to sustainability and the environment.
Soneva is committed to leading the hospitality industry in environmentally responsible tourism. Annual environmental performance improvements are in place with the ultimate goal of decarbonising completely.
We are hiring a Junior Architect who combines creativity and technical knowledge with a passion for sustainability and experience in hospitality design.
If your experience and qualifications match the below requirements, please apply via LinkedIn with your updated CV and portfolio.
- Works as part of the design team to develop design concepts that are practical, aesthetic, sustainable, and suitable to the function of the project.
- Generates floor plans, sections, elevations, and material selections needed for construction.
- Communicates conceptual design ideas through 2D and 3D drawings and renderings.
- Participates in team meetings to align the project deliverables.
- Incorporates sustainable design solutions into projects.
Requirements and Skills
- A bachelor’s degree in architecture is required.
- 1-3 years of experience in architectural practise with experience in hospitality design is preferable.
- Proficient in AutoCAD and has at least one 3D modelling and rendering programme.
- Graphics and visualisation skills to effectively communicate design ideas.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite applications (Photoshop and Illustrator) and MS Office is desirable.
- Basic knowledge of furniture, finishes, materials, and specifications.
- Team player who can also work independently.
- Fluency in English (speaking, reading, and writing) is required.
Founded in 1995, Soneva is an award-winning sustainable luxury resorts operator. At Soneva Fushi, Soneva Jani and Soneva in Aqua in the Maldives, and Soneva Kiri in Thailand, true ‘luxury’ is defined by peace, time, and space. Each day, guests are encouraged to discover the SLOW LIFE, reconnecting with themselves and the natural world through rare, unforgettable experiences that inspire and enthrall.
Soneva is a pioneer for responsible tourism, combining a conscientious, proactive approach to sustainability with exquisite luxury and intuitive personalised service. Carbon neutral since 2012, Soneva launched its Total Impact Assessment in 2016, a first for the hospitality industry, measuring its social and environmental impacts. A mandatory 2% environmental levy is added to every Soneva stay, with proceeds going towards the not-for-profit Soneva Foundation to offset both direct and indirect carbon emissions from resort activities and guest flights. The Foundation funds a range of global projects that have a positive environmental, social, and economic impact.
Soneva Soneva is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a certified ‘Great Place to Work™’. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our Hosts.