Date PostedDecember 28, 2022
Expiration dateJanuary 27, 2023
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Getty Images believes that diversity is critical to our success in moving the world with images and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment that celebrates diversity. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
Location: Thailand (Bangkok) – Hybrid
Permanent – Full Time
Getty Images is hiring a Picture Desk Editor to join our team! Picture Desk editors are trusted decision-makers and problem-solvers, responsible for receiving and editing editorial content for the global market under constant deadlines while ensuring accuracy, editorial integrity, quality, and timely distribution. As the centralized hub for various departments, the Picture Desk collaborates daily with photographers, assignment editors, and tech teams in order to maintain a high standard of quality for clients. Editors curate and highlight our top images on social media, marketing platforms and the GettyImages.com website. The ability to work early mornings, nights, weekends, and holidays is required.
Who You Are
You have a passion for pictures and a commitment to upholding editorial integrity. You thrive in the fast-paced, 24/7 world of news and sports, working accurately and efficiently under deadlines with a remote team. You are a self-starting, multitasking team player who can also assume individual responsibility for issues as they arise. You have excellent news judgment and are fluent in social media. You want to work for one of the world’s leading creators of images with some of the world’s best editorial photographers.
Your Next Challenge
- Accurately and quickly review and edit images to meet Getty Images guidelines with a commitment to editorial integrity; assign ranking and routing information to designate where an image is delivered
- Prioritize tasks according to relevancy and deadlines in collaboration with a global editing team
- Exercise solid news judgment; maintain a high level of journalistic knowledge and awareness of current and trending global news, sports, and entertainment events
- Monitor stories trending in real-time and engage with appropriate imagery on Getty Images’ marketing and social media platforms
- Maintain a regularly updated GettyImages.com homepage with CMS programs to showcase featured stories
- Troubleshoot and report technology issues both externally with photographers and clients and any internal support
What You’ll Need
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in the editorial photography industry
- Experience with industry-standard editing tools, Adobe Photoshop, and Digital asset management (DAM) software
- Demonstrated knowledge of industry style captioning and IPTC metadata standards, excellent journalistic writing, and copy-editing skills
- Solid news and picture judgment with a commitment to editorial integrity
- Keen awareness of current news, sports and entertainment stories and the ability to engage with appropriate imagery on Getty Images’ social media handles
- Strong understanding of photo usage rights and licenses
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment accurately and efficiently with high-pressure breaking news situations while maintaining thorough attention to detail
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a remote team environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows and Mac OS
- Ability and desire to work flexible, non-traditional hours. You need to be able to work hours of 6am – 2pm Bangkok time, that would essentially cover our New York night shift. Working days would be Saturday through Wednesday, and days off would be Thursday and Friday (Bangkok time)
- Ability to navigate various social media including, Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook using a social marketing management platform
Nice To Have
- Experience with Adobe Premiere or video editing tools a plus
Covid-19 Company Statement
Getty Images does not require employees to be vaccinated against Covid-19, but vaccination or testing may be mandated by the relevant local laws with which Getty Images will comply. If this position involves contact with third parties, attendance on site for events, travel and/or work in our offices, those actions will be subject to any to relevant local laws, venue or customer requirements, or travel requirements regarding vaccines or testing (and exemptions thereto).
Getty Images does not require employees to be vaccinated against Covid-19, but vaccination or testing has been mandated by the Biden administration and that mandate applies to our US workforce. If this position involves contact with third parties, attendance on site for events, travel and/or work in our offices, those actions will be subject to any to relevant local laws, venue or customer requirements, or travel requirements regarding vaccines or testing (and exemptions thereto).
Who We Are
Getty Images is a preeminent global visual content creator and marketplace. Through Getty Images, iStock, and Unsplash, we offer a full range of content solutions to meet the needs of any customer—no matter their size—around the globe.
Getty Images encompasses the largest and best path to market for visual creators through their premier brands including its core, Getty Images; iStock, a value offering of creative stills and videos providing a significant volume of exclusive content to small and medium-sized businesses; and Unsplash, a free offering of creative stills servicing the fast-growing and broad-based creator economy.
Help us move the world with images! Bringing award-winning imagery to everyone, Getty Images has customers in almost every country in the world, with websites in 23 languages, bringing the world’s best content to media outlets, advertising agencies and corporations, small businesses and increasingly, direct to consumers.
Getty Images works with over 496,000 contributors and image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 160,000 news, sport, and entertainment events around the globe. With over 495 million assets, of which over 320 million are digitized, encompassing the latest global news, sports, celebrity, music and fashion coverage; exclusive conceptual creative images; and the world’s largest commercial archive. New content is added daily, with 8-10 million new assets added each quarter.
Getty Images offers the most exclusive and unique creative and editorial visual content globally. The breadth and quality of our content allow our customers and partners to tell their stories with greater creativity and accuracy, thereby eliciting more emotion and enabling more action. Getty Images moves the world —whether the goal is commercial or philanthropic, revenue-generating or society-changing, market-disrupting or headline-driving. Getty Images offers the highest quality and most diverse visual content, based on industry-leadingexpertise and innovation.
As a company, we’re committed to living these Principles every day. Here’s how we support our mission to be the best place to work globally.
We are trustworthy, transparent, and honest
We love character, authenticity, and integrity.
We always raise the bar
Excellence is our norm; we get better through endeavor, curiosity, and speed.
We collectively bring solutions
We love debate, but collaborating to solve problems for ourselves and our customers is everyone’s responsibility.
We care, are kind, courteous, and respectful
We will not tolerate rudeness.
We reject biased behavior and discrimination
We seek to understand biases in all forms. We call out biases and discrimination when observed and take action where responsible.
We Are Inclusive Of Different Voices, Perspectives, And Experience
Diversity and inclusion are never done, but we are passionate in their pursuit.
We are one Getty Images with no silos
We share goals and accountability; we and actively seek information and expertise; we make time for our peers.
We deliver on our commitments, and commercial goals
With one voice and shared accountability.
We put the customer at the heart of everything we do
We listen to, anticipate, and exceed customer needs, adapting as they evolve.
We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives. Women, gender-nonbinary, people of color, LGBTQIA+ people, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Getty Images is committed to providing Reasonable Accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance to search for a job opening or submitting an online application, please email RecruitingAccommodations@gettyimages.com .
Visit Getty Images at http://www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of still and moving imagery in communication and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life.
For company news and announcements, visit our Press Room , and for the stories and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends .
Find Getty Images on Facebook , Twitter , Instagram, LinkedIn , Pinterest and Tumblr, or download the Getty Images app where you can explore, save and share the world’s best imagery.