Date PostedDecember 4, 2022
Expiration dateJanuary 3, 2023
We believe technology can transform the way customers buy/sell automobiles, making it a joyous experience.
Who are we?
We are more than your next-door car re-seller. It is a next-generation e-commerce platform with an edge. It is the satisfaction we provide to our customers that lies at the heart of our business. We take great pride in providing the best experience to all parties involved – with sellers getting the best value for their car, and buyers getting to choose from a wide assortment of automobiles. For a company launched in just 2015, we have scaled up rapidly. With operations in 150+ cities in India and counting, we are growing at more than a 100%, year on year. We provide several other services that benefit our patrons, such as financing and warranty for its consumers. Becoming the first Unicorn in the auto tech space in India is just the beginning. We are now expanding internationally and are all set to make a mark in countries like UAE, Australia, Thailand, Indonesia and Saudi Arabia. Sky’s the limit and we won’t stop until we achieve our dream of becoming the largest auto-tech company in the world. Our success is spearheaded by innovation – the invention of a unique price discovery mechanism of used autos. It includes a state-of-the-art proprietary inspection app, an innovative auction format that is first-of-its-kind in the world, and an all-powerful algorithm that matches supply and demand using millions of data points.
The design team at CARS24 keeps user experience at the core of our central goal of building the next-gen online automotive marketplace. Our designers are advocates of our users, partners and stakeholders, tasked with bringing their voices to the forefront. Through iterative research and development, our designers’ human centric approach informs and elevates our digital channels and our business as a whole.
Role & Responsibilities
The Design lead can think across the domains of user experience, technology and systems thinking effortlessly. They are strong advocates of our users. They collaborate effectively with business stakeholders, product managers, data scientists and technologists, to collectively drive the creation of path breaking experience. They are also good mentors, supervising, guiding and reviewing work of other designers. They are also visionaries who can break down ambiguous scenarios into iterative problem statements and work hands-on to solve them.
- Own the planning and execution of the end to end product design process including qualitative research, idedation, prototyping, validation and iteration, for your team.
- Tell captivating and well researched stories about our users, their problems and defend our interventions to stakeholders and teams from other BUs.
- Collaborate with and lead multi-functional teams through ideation and brainstorming exercises. Familiarity with Design Sprints or other standard UX workshops is a plus.
- Create process artefacts like Personas, User Journeys, Information Architecture, Interaction patterns, task-flows, sketches, wireframes, etc.
- Conduct design experiments and validation exercises like talk along tests, focus group discussions, A/B testing, usability testing etc. to effectively measure and learn from design experiments.
- Interface with key functions like data-science, analytics, product management and development to assimilate insights from their disciplines into decision making.
- Delegate, supervise and mentor junior designers. Participate in building a world class design team and culture.
What we need
- 5+ years of experience designing digital products, International experience is preferred but not mandatory.
- 1+ years managing other designers
- Design or similar Education from top academic institutions preferred but not mandatory
- Native Thai speaker with high proficiency in English is a must
- Highly skilled at conceptualising concepts and prototyping UI with tools like Sketch, Figma, Invision, XD, etc
- Understanding of digital experience principles and methodologies including heuristics, affordances, design systems, laws of UX etc. Must know the rules before they bend/break them
- Understanding of qualitative research methodologies like semi-structured interviews, user diaries, ethnographic studies and standard frameworks like affinity diagrams, user journey maps, service blueprints etc.
- Understanding of implementation and measurement challenges across mobile (iOS and Android), web and hybrid solutions. Familiarity with usability testing, A/B testing, and analytics based feedback.