Date PostedJanuary 10, 2023
Expiration dateFebruary 9, 2023
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research, and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Project Coordinator who will be seconded to and support the CCOH in Bangkok, Thailand.Job SummaryWe are seeking a Project Coordinator to work with CUOH and support activities that relate to One Health coordination among stakeholders and specifically to support coordination and engagement discussions relating to the USAID-funded Discovery and Exploration of Emerging Pathogens – Viral Zoonoses (DEEP VZN) project. DEEP VZN is a five-year project that will build scientific capacity in Thailand to safely detect and assess unknown viruses which have the potential to spill over from wildlife and domestic animals to human populations. The project will carry out large-scale animal surveillance programs focusing on finding previously unknown pathogens from three viral families that have a large potential for viral spillover from animals to humans.The Project Coordinator will provide technical, programmatic, and coordination support to the CUOH in support of their functions and role as it relates to DEEP VZN activities in Thailand.
About the Coordinating Unit for One Health (CUOH), Division of Communicable Diseases: The Coordinating Unit for One Health serves as the coordinating center among sectors including governmental sectors, private sectors, and international organizations. The Chair of the steering committee for the CUOH is rotated between the deputy director general of Department of Disease Control, Department Livestock development and Department of National Parks Wildlife and Plant conservations. The COUH has four main areas to support one health activities including 1) develop recommendation to policy makers for preventing emerging and re-emerging infectious diseases, 2) workforce development, 3) information sharing and 4) research and development. The CUOH serves as the main unit to drive one health activities at the national level in Thailand such as Global One Health day, One Health meetings, and One Health collaboration meetings.
- Act as main Project Operation Coordinator to setup, organize, and report meetings and engagements between the local stakeholders and the cross-functional One Health team and DEEP VZN. As part of this support discussions among stakeholders, local implementing partners and DEEP VZN to align requirements, activities and expectations.
- Prepare communications, meetings, presentations, status and other reports from meetings and discussions.
- Develop and manage documents needed by government stakeholders (under the oversight of the CCOH) to support CCOH activities and DEEP VZN implementation.
- Prepare documentation to secure in-country approvals to conduct the project work.
- Support the gathering and collation of data to inform CUOH activities and DEEP VZN.
- Support the set-up of trainings and travel for CCOH and DEEP VZN activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Applied Sciences, Veterinary Health, Environmental Health, Public Health, or any related field within the One Health umbrella (i.e., human, animal and/or environmental health); Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of eight years of experience working in public health, project management, and project coordination
- Two years of line management experience required
- Familiarity with local regulations, programs and operations including regulatory and reporting
- Excellent written and spoken English and Thai
- Excellent prioritization skills
- Strong self-motivation with a positive attitude
- Well-organized and good at understanding the “big-picture” in healthcare
- Able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in working with cross-functional teams
- Ability to travel outside of Bangkok for work
- Legally authorized to work in Thailand
- Up to 30% national and/or international travel
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
องค์การแฟมิลี เฮลท์ อินเตอร์เนชั่แนล (FHI 360)
130 – 132 อาคารสินธร ทาวเวอร์3 ชั้น19 ถนนวิทยุ แขวงลุมพินี เขตปทุมวัน กรุงเทพมหานคร 10330
🙌 Please leave MODCO in your heart by adding #MODCOjobs to your application. Thank for being a part of us.
✉️ If this listing is inappropriate You can inform us at social@mod—co.com