Date PostedOctober 22, 2023
Expiration dateNovember 21, 2023
WATG and Wimberly Interiors
WATG is the world’s preeminent destination and hospitality design firm. We are employee-owned, 77 years young and home to nearly 400 creative, globe-trotting professionals located remotely and in our offices in California, New York, Honolulu, London, Singapore, and Shanghai.
We are known for our ‘people and planet first’ approach to design, applying a hospitality ethos to developments of all shapes and sizes. From initial feasibility studies to the finishing touches, we operate as an integrated, multidisciplinary practice globally. Along with our interior design studio, Wimberly Interiors, we specialize in hospitality, gaming + entertainment, urban + mixed-use, and high-end residential design.
Independent to this day, we passionately believe that culture and heritage are the roots that lead to long-term resilience for all businesses. We were founded in Honolulu in 1945 and the spirit of the islands taught us to focus on community strength, self-reliance, and sustainability – which we still prioritize today. We stay true to our values of designing spaces that respect, protect and enhance the natural magic of their surroundings while delivering long-term value for our clients and their communities.
WATG is hiring a Senior Architectural Designer for our office in Singapore.
The Senior Architectural Designer coordinates or undertakes the design development, production, and delivery of small to mid-size projects as a member of the project team or on their own projects. The Senior Architectural Designer develops initial design concepts, supports the production of presentation drawings and sketches, and solves design complexities under the direction of senior members of the project team. Assignments require independent action and decision-making as well as the ability to manage the work of others.
- Under the preliminary direction from the Project Architect or Project Manager, analyzes and develops approaches to the creation and modification of architectural documents, elevations, sections, and details of a project based on the design intent
- With the direction from the Project Designer, develops, modifies, and reviews drawings according to established standards
- Coordinates the development and implementation of initial project design concepts
- Participates in the production of 2D and 3D presentation drawings, sketches, and renderings as well as early design studies for client and/or project team review
- Understands and translates design intent into technical documents
- Supports project phases from initial design concepts through the completion of construction
- Coordinates and communicates project information with other disciplines and with the client representatives, consultants, and contractors
- Focuses equally on aesthetic and functional considerations and applies proper QA/QC methods throughout the project
- Conducts product and code research and incorporates it into technical documents
- May assist in work planning and scheduling processes
- Supports the marketing and business development activities of the office when needed
- Provides guidance and training to other less experienced members of the team
- Incorporates integrated sustainable design solutions into projects
- Takes personal responsibility for fostering sustainable work practices
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture
- 4+ years of experience designing small to mid-size architectural projects, including urban and resort hotels
- Architectural license desired
- Environmental accreditation desired
- Proficient technical knowledge of AutoCAD, 3D modeling and Revit, Rhino, Grasshopper and SketchUp.
- Sketching skills required
- Experience in both team management and project management
- Ability to manage multiple priorities effectively within schedules and budgets
- Highly effective written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Please include a copy of your resume and portfolio to be considered for this position.
WATG is an Equal Opportunity Employer