Date PostedMay 16, 2023
Expiration dateJune 11, 2023
Paperspace is hiring! We are looking for a Senior Interior Designer to lead our Bangkok design team. An exciting opportunity to be a part of Paperspace’s dynamic and creative design team!
Based in Paperspace’s Bangkok office, the Senior Designer’s primary role is to be the design lead, and to collaborate with client stakeholders, consultants, suppliers and other external parties. This person is able to manage multiple projects from conceptual develocpment to execution and work independently in team environments. The role also includes providing design support for the other teams in the region, where required.
Key Responsibilities include:
Lead Designer / Design Manager Role
- Leads projects and design teams across multiple projects.
- Create compelling visions and story telling for design proposals and pitches
- Manages the end-to-end interior design process for the entire project from design concept to delivery and completion, consistent with the project’s program and budget. Able to work and deliver within time constraints.
- Provides mentoring and coaching of design team members.
- Review junior designers’ work to ensure high quality.
- Lead multidisciplinary teams of designers and analysts through discovery research, synthesis, ideation, and design concepts and strategies.
- Manages client interaction and decisions related to interior design.
- Provide a strategic lens within projects to ensure that design recommendations not only meet design needs, but also create business value and fit into the larger portfolio, objectives and roadmap of the client’s business
- Collaborate with management and other teams e.g. marketing, client experience and consulting teams to co-develop and produce dynamic design consulting services for clients.
- Lead the processes and quality standards to ensure that we are creating performance benchmarks e.g. listening to our customers, creating meaningful client relationships that may open up to future potential opportunities and inspiring design teams.
Qualifications and Desirable Skills:
The successful candidate is a creative and talented individual with the following qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor (or equivalent) or a higher degree in Architecture or Interior Design from an accredited school or college.
- 7+ years experience in the interior design field
- Proven advanced knowledge, working experience and with the ability to lead a project and team as a Lead Designer in commercial workplace interior design projects. Possess end to end experiences particulalrly in conceptual design, space planning, detailed construction drawing, project execution and on-site construction.
- Possess advanced knowledge of finishes, materials, furnishings, and standards
- Creative talent, imagination and eye for design, with strengths in conceptual and schematic design
- Good project management skills and on-site experience is an added advantage.
- Excellent portfolio of previous works
- Proficient in design software (e.g. AutoCAD, Sketchup, Adobe Creative Suite – Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) or other design
- English proficiency is a plus
Organisational Skills and Personal qualities
- Possess leadership and management skills, with experience in mentoring and leading a team of designers.
- Able to work efficiently and prioritize tasks, multi-task when necessary, meet deadlines and perform effectively under pressure.
- Strong communication, organisational and presentation skills
- Able to work well both independently and collaborate with a team
- A positive energy, drive and interest to motivate the team creatively and resilience to overcome any challenge
- Adaptable and flexible in different environments
- Has a variety of other interests outside of work
Portfolio of completed design projects, please e-mail to email@example.com
WHO WE ARE
STRATEGISTS. DESIGNERS. TRAILBLAZERS.
We are a collective of like-minded professionals who believe in harnessing our distinctive strengths to elevate user experience through space.
WHAT WE DO
WE LISTEN. WE BREAK BOUNDARIES. WE INNOVATE.
We are committed to bringing our client vision to life, led by our diverse industry expertise and global experience across Strategy, Architectural Design, Project Management, and Change.
Why Join Paperspace Team
The exciting opportunity and entrepreneurial experiences gained will be invaluable in our fast-growing, professional and forward-thinking company. We aim to do things differently and to explore new ways of working to foster greater collaboration and connect communities in the design and creative industry. We are passionate, committed and love what we do.
Our culture is one of continuous learning and development. As we provide consulting services and depend greatly on human capital, each of our team members is integral to the success of our business. It is essential to match the strengths of employees to the job function and investing in our employees to develop career pathways through a continuous learning, upskilling and review process. Through this, we seek to achieve high levels of quality work, job satisfaction, career advancement and employee retention. As employees grow in their skills, the value of contribution increases and ultimately a mutually successful relationship is achieved.