Date PostedOctober 15, 2023
Expiration dateNovember 5, 2023
As one of the world’s largest fashion companies with more than 171,000 employees worldwide, H&M Group is an exciting and dynamic place to pursue a career within the fashion industry. Would you like to be part of our team? H&M group comprises of nine independent brands: H&M, COS, Weekday, Monki, H&M Home, & Other Stories, ARKET and Afound. We have over 4,900 stores across more than 73 markets worldwide. Consumer behavior and customer expectations are rapidly changing, and so are we. The competitive landscape is being redrawn and digitalization and sustainability is driving the need to transform and rethink. This presents us with many challenges, but more importantly, with many exciting opportunities.
Would you like to be part of creating a better and more inspiring world through meaningful architecture and design services to several of the H&M Group brands? Then keep on reading!
Store Design delivers world class architect and design services to the H&M Group brands globally such as H&M, Weekday, H&M Home, Beauty etc. Together with our brand partners we strive to enable meaningful business growth by leading our industry towards more sustainable and relevant architect and design solutions. Our scope includes everything from the creation and conceptualization of retail and non-commercial design concepts to product and graphic design, to high quality and efficient global roll outs. We are committed to deliver great customer experiences through excellent craftmanship and brand interpretation through strong collaboration and innovative ideas. We are a talented and diverse team of Architects, Interior Designers and Graphic Designers, and we are now looking for more talents to join our great team. Store Design currently have teams based in Europe, North America and in Asia.
We are now looking for Store Designers to join us on our future journey. As part of our new team, you help us realize store projects all over the world, for several brands, through collaboration with many brilliant colleagues, reflected in high-quality architectural packages and commercial plans based on customer needs and behaviors.
- Take charge of creating or reviewing architectural and interior design packages, as well as construction documents for diverse projects, crafting beautiful and functional spaces
- Effectively understand project specific analysis and research about customer and project objectives, including some analytical tasks connected to brand’s commercial plans
- Establish clear and effective communication with numerous project teams, contractors, consultants, and local H&M Group teams, fostering teamwork and collaboration
- Provide guidance and innovative solutions to resolve both technical and design challenges when needed
- Follow up on your projects with ownership and accountability, analyzing both successes and challenges to continuously improve and learn from your experiences
We are looking for an Architect or Interior Designer who wants to be a part of driving the success of H&M Group further. You have an overall understanding of and experience from spatial development, from conceptual work to full scale detailing and a great interest in fashion and retail. You are an open-minded team player who enjoys working in an international environment and have the ability to handle multiple complex projects at the same time. We believe you to be brave in your way of working, you get energy from trying the unfamiliar with an agile mindset and always welcoming the unexpected. You are communicative person with a positive attitude, you take ownership of your work and always give it your best. Most importantly of all, we want you to be you, we encourage diversity and welcome candidates from all backgrounds!
- At least 3-6 years working experience within the area of commercial/retail architecture or interior design, with a focus on layout design and planning.
- Minimum a bachelor’s degree within Architecture or Interior Design
- Good understanding of the various stages of real estate projects, from initiation to completion and follow up, i.e. exploration, negotiation, building of business cases, approval stages, design, ordering and construction
- A genuine interest in retail and the possibilities within our industry
- Ability to prioritize and service multiple projects concurrently
- Strong project management skills, ability to oversee and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Great communication and presentation skills
- Proficient preferably in Sketch-Up, Revit (or equivalent) and AutoCAD, as well as Enscape, Adobe Suite or equivalent programs.
- Fluent in English both written and spoken.
- Ability to travel
- International working experience or education is a plus.
This is a permanent position based in Singapore. The position will include international travels. You will report to Store Design Team Lead in the Store Design APAC team.
If you feel that your passion, personal values, ambition, and experience are a match – please apply directly (including Cover Letter and Resume, and if applicable: Strengths Finder). We’re more about personality and competence than qualifications, so don’t worry if your skills aren’t a perfect match. This position is based in Singapore and the successful candidate must have the rights to work in Singapore. We regrettably would like to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.