Date PostedJune 4, 2023
Expiration dateJune 28, 2023
Pomelo is the leading online fashion company in Emerging Asia. Backed by fashion and technology investors from across the world, Pomelo brings its unique fast fashion style to Emerging Asia through a technology-driven, vertically-integrated design and production model. Our growth strategy is to merge our online focus of mobile and social with the latest trends and data.
We are looking for a junior level Technical Designer to assist in garment production, specializing in perfecting the way the garment fits on the customer.
- TD to assists in selecting the correct silhouette Block and Spec to achieve Design reference and maintain Size standards
- TD to discuss details of Techpack with Designer to ensure correct construction information:
- i) Design Sheet: Construction details, fabric details, special trim, sample/reference photos
- ii) How is the garment worn, where are the openings & zippers, is the garment able to be constructed in Bulk Production?
- TD assists in fitting adjustments and recommendations (patternmaking) and how to fix the fit issues, with support from the TD Manager. This includes how to pin the garments, and achieve the Design with factory production
- TD responsible for photographing and documenting all fitting comments in the Fitting session
- TD processes the final comments, checking the garment for final Details:
- Sizing meets standards label placements
- Required testing
- Construction improvements
- TD to finalise the Approved sizing spec, and check that applied grading formulas are correct for Bulk Production cutting
- TD to consolidate all fitting comments, images, and sheets
- TD must review the factory Shipment sample prior to delivery
- TD is responsible for transferring all Shipment Samples (including CH team) to Warehouse
- Completion of a relevant college Diploma/Degree
- 1 or 2 years experience as a junior or assistant garment Technician; Fresh grads are also welcome
- Highly Organized
- Knowledge of quality procedures, including testing procedures a plus
- Having a proactive attitude and fast thinking
- Be global in their thinking
- Be able to work with a team and alone.
- Good computer skills