Date PostedMay 16, 2023
Expiration dateJune 11, 2023
Liberty Mutual Insurance
At Liberty Mutual, we want to help you embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That’s why our company culture supports and champions each employee—helping you turn your passion into a rewarding profession. From comprehensive health and benefits to professional development opportunities, you’ll have access to the resources you need to pursue a meaningful career in an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect.
Solaria Labs is an innovation center focused on building new insurance products and solutions in the Asia markets using consumer-centric principles. Founded by Liberty Mutual, a global insurance company based in the US, we have been successfully launching new products for more than 8 years across our US, Singapore, and Brazil operations. We are looking for intrapreneurs who want to change how the industry approaches new product development, driving test-and learn approaches in the world of risk management to grow Liberty Mutual’s Asia business.
As a UX researcher and designer in Solaria Labs, you will guide and inform the team in how to design and build experiences for new products and experiences using a variety of research methods. The team is driven to identify consumer unmet needs and design creative solutions to solve for those needs across a wide range of processes and platforms (online and offline) from problem definition to post-launch iteration. You will be expected to ask thoughtful research questions, conduct contextual research, frame problems, synthesize insights, evaluate concepts and prototypes, and assist with launches and releases. You should be comfortable working across disciplines to make collaborative, quick, and effective product visual design decisions.
This is an individual contributor role.
- Design, plan and conduct research to extract insights from people: quantitative, qualitative, desktop research, third-party research, etc.
- Recommending optimal research methods, scoping, planning and managing research activities involving internal stakeholders and external vendors.
- Produce CX/UX artifacts such as customer journeys, user personas and service blueprints to create a shared understanding of the customer experience across all lines of business, brands and channels.
- Design and conduct user testing and concept validation – i.e. identify potential solution options for a stated user need and design experiments that help elicit the most viable solution for users
- Conduct stakeholder mapping analysis to identify key groups required for development and eventual implementation of service and product.
- Help create clear solution development plans and collaborate with product, engineering and business to support the roll-out of initiatives through experimentation, testing and refinement based on learnings.
- Lead the full design process hands on: user research, synthesis, concept creation, prototyping, testing and high-fidelity UI and visual design.
- Contribute to product strategy, act as the foremost advocate for the power and value of design, and collaborate closely with diverse stakeholders.
- 5+ years of experience in user research, strategy, and design
- Passion for creating human-centered solutions with real consumer value that are not only easy to use but also aesthetic.
- Experience building customer-centric products with a test-and-learn approach (e.g. Lean Start-Up, Agile Development, etc.) is critical
- Experience in concept ideation, design strategy, rapid prototyping with a thorough understanding of UX/UI and Design Thinking.
- Experience working with product owners, developers, and designers from different backgrounds and integrating design ideas and opinions to reach agreement.
- Passion for constantly learning and creating new things. A team player who is transparent, ethical, and learns from failure.
- Passion for visual design and learning new methods of designing digital experiences.
- Fluency in working with current design and prototyping tools (eg: Sketch, Figma, Flinto, Adobe XD / CC, InVison, etc.)
- Great communication and presentation skills.