Date PostedDecember 22, 2022
Expiration dateDecember 31, 2022
The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them. We operate in Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand – and have an ambitious expansion plan to bring a little bit of Sweden to new markets in the region. We are part of the Ikano Group of companies and the only IKEA franchisee owned by the Kamprad family that founded IKEA.
We also develop, own and operate Shopping Centres that are anchored by IKEA and create walkable communities by including residential, office and other types of real estate in our development plans.
We work towards making sustainability a natural part of our everyday work. We are active in our communities, driving and supporting social initiatives that benefit children, women and the environment.
About the job
You create inspiring store solutions for an easy and convenient shopping experience and increasing vitality by translating deep knowledge about consumer buying behaviour, store layout, range presentation and local market knowledge. Thereby contributing to positioning the IKEA brand in the local market as the home furnishing specialist and the IKEA store as an up-to date and innovative destination that always offers something new. IKEA Sukhumvit will be our 4th store in Thailand and part of The Emsphere retail development on Sukhumvit Road in Bangkok.
• Use visual merchandising competence to strengthen the uniqueness of the IKEA identity in range presentation solutions in the store by working with store layout, range presentation and vitality.
• Actively contribute to the department action plan with initiatives that will grow the business and support long-term profitability and execute the agreed plans in close co-operation with other functions.
• Use the knowledge of people’s needs and dreams in the local market to plan and implement relevant, inspiring, affordable and commercial range presentation solutions that reflect a wide variety of styles, price levels, meet the many individual tastes and exceed our visitor’s expectations.
• Secure high quality, simplicity, efficiency and cost consciousness in planning and implementing all range presentation solutions by applying national directions and using global tools, proven solutions and best practices.
• Actively contribute to gathering insights about store layout and range presentation and translating this knowledge into relevant and inspiring store solutions that will support a convenient shopping experience and reflect the local needs of life at home.
• A passion for fast-paced, future-oriented retailing, home furnishing, people’s life at home and the IKEA product range and provide home furnishing solutions that improve people’s life at home.
• Range presentation the IKEA way (layout as a commercial tool, store media, display techniques) and home furnishing the IKEA way.
• Understand life at home in the local market and the outcome of market research, e.g. IKEA Customer Satisfaction Survey, IKEA Brand Capital and understand trends that influence home furnishing and retailing.
• Have 3 years of work experience in visual merchandising with retail.
• Confident in approaching and communicating clearly with different people in various situations and ability to work together with others in a team.
• Have a flexible and hands-on approach to responsibilities as well as the ability to meet set deadlines.
Please apply by 31 December 2022.